Straight-talking web usability reviews from independent experts
What is a website/web app review?
A website or web app review, also known as a web usability review, website/web app evaluation, or website/web app audit, involves our in-house usability experts reviewing your site or app and evaluating its usability based on a detailed matrix of usability principles and best practices. At the end of the review, we'll provide a detailed report outlining the findings of the evaluation and our recommendations for fixing the most critical usability issues.
Benefits of a website/web app review
Your design and development team are often so heavily invested in the process of developing your site or app that they lack the objectivity to see it from a user's perspective. The layout, structure, navigation, and content are so familiar to them that they simply don't notice the problems that a new user of your site or app faces.
A website/web app review is an affordable way of getting an independent assessment of your site or app's usability, particularly in cases where your budget is limited and you cannot afford user testing. A website/web app review can also be a cost-effective forerunner to user testing, allowing you to find and fix the most blatant usability problems before conducting a usability test with your target users.
A website/web app review enables you to:
- Get independent, unbiased feedback on your site or app from usability specialists
- Benchmark your site or app's usability against best practice
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality-oriented, user-centred development
- Find and fix usability issues before conducting formal user testing or releasing the site or app
What it involves
When you contact us to conduct a website/web app review, the process generally runs as follows:
- Free, no-obligation quotation. We're always happy to provide a no-obligation quotation. If, like most customers, you need to get user feedback on your site or app sooner rather than later, we can talk through your test over the phone or send you our information-gathering questionnaire by email.
- Scoping the review. We will inspect your site or app to determine its current usability level and will provide an estimate of how long the full evaluation will take.
- Evaluating the site or app. If you are happy with the estimate and timeframe, our usability analysts will begin the review. While we use a selection of automated tools to help us, usability of a website, web app, or smartphone app cannot be evaluated using automatic tools alone. Our analysts will thoroughly inspect your site or app as agreed during the scoping phase and make an informed assessment of any usability issues encountered and severity of each issue.
- Delivery of the report. At the end of the website/web app review, you will receive a detailed report outlining the findings of the evaluation and our recommendations for fixing the most critical usability issues.
How to get started
To request your free, no-obligation quotation or to simply find out more about our expert website/web app reviews, just call us at +353 (0)1 5475145 or email email@example.com and one of our usability analysts will be happy to help you.
Forrester Research, 2008.
Need To Cut Costs? Improve The Web Site Experience Expert reviews provide a relatively quick, low-cost way to evaluate the user experience offered by a site.
This approach finds the types of known usability flaws that cause visitors to abandon the web for higher cost channels.